As we focus on prayer throughout our church life and body, you have the opportunity to pray specifically for the people around you during our worship service on Sunday mornings. Many church members who have tried this have been blessed by it.
The sanctuary is naturally divided into six seating sections, and you are invited to sign up to pray for your section as the Lord leads you on a specific Sunday. As you enter the sanctuary doors, you can identify these sections:
- Far Left
- Front Left (pews)
- Back Left (chairs)
- Far Right
- Front Right (pews)
- Back Right (chairs)
We hope to have at least one person praying in each section every week, as indicated on the signup sheet. If all six sections are covered on a day you want to pray this way, please feel free to be an additional source of prayer for your neighbors. You may even find that you wish to commit to praying this way once a month or even every Sunday.
Suggestions for How to Pray:
- For the salvation of those in your section who do not know Jesus
- That the truth of God’s Word would penetrate hearts during the sermon
- For clarity of mind to hear God’s Word
- For a desire to serve, give, and love one another
- For conviction of sin
- For unity of our members
- For forgiveness and reconciliation among friends, family, coworkers, etc.
- For conviction and courage to ask for forgiveness and to forgive
- For thankfulness for all God has given to us and that we would give generously to our church to be used to spread the good news of the Gospel
- For specific needs of those around you
- That God will be glorified in all that we do during our service
- That visitors would feel the warmth of our church family and feel welcomed
- That God would bring new families to our body and create new believers through our fellowship