Ways to Serve
The Women’s Ministry has multiple areas of ministry where you can become involved, meet new people, and serve the Lord and His people. If you are interested in becoming involved in one of the areas listed below, please contact us at women[at]fortworthpca.org.
- In-reach — This ministry team focuses on mercy needs within our congregation, including ministering to short- term needs such as arranging for meals and cards of encouragement in the case of hospitalizations, new babies, funerals, etc. This team also assists members with chronic needs such as long-term illnesses, widowhood, and shut- in care and oversees our Women of Wisdom ministry (designed for our senior women).
- Hospitality — This is a hands-on ministry team with responsibilities for coordination of church receptions, socials, and similar events and includes mentoring young women in the art of hospitality. These events may be specific to the Women’s Ministry or for the whole church body.
- Discipleship — The Women’s Discipleship Committee, acting in concert with the desires of the Session, has responsibility for overseeing Women’s Ministry education and discipleship ministries, including Bible studies, special training/seminars, Moms’ Ministry, Women to Women’s ministry, and other discipleship groups to ensure sound biblical doctrine and principles.
- Communications — This committee member helps with communications both within the Women’s Ministry Board and between the Women’s Ministry and the rest of the church, including invitations, maintaining the website, bi- monthly newsletter and sending e-mail reminders.
- Special Events — This ministry team plans and executes specific women’s events: the spring retreat, summer salad series, a fall event and other church events.
- Prayer — This committee member is responsible for co-hosting the prayer shower, assisting with the prayer portion of Women’s Bible study if requested by Discipleship Co-chairs, and encouraging prayer as a vital component in all areas of Women’s Ministry.
- Co-Chairs — These two women are responsible for the overall administration of FWPC’s Women’s Ministry, including oversight of its leadership team. Each Co-Chair will assist for one year and take overall leadership the next in her two-year term of service.
In addition to Women’s Ministry, Fort Worth Presbyterian has several other service opportunities. Click on the Serve tab above for more information.
Let us know how you can serve in Women’s Ministry by taking a short survey: